What to do in Granada when you have no tickets for the Alhambra
Would you like to discover one of the most beautiful cities in Spain? It is only one hour drive. Do not hesitate to spend one of your holiday days visiting Granada. You won’t regret it!
Granada is well known for the Alhambra, but it is not its unique wonder. Granada has beautiful and charming corners where you will want the time to stop, so don’t worry if you couldn’t buy tickets for the Alhambra; you still can have an unforgettable day!
So here you have some ideas of what to do in Granada:
- Enjoy the free access areas of the Alhambra. (For more info, have a look at this post: https://www.grandesvillas.com/i-want-to-see-the-alhambra-but-i-havent-booked-the-tickets-on-time/ )
- Go for a walk across “El Paseo de los Tristes”
- Go to “El Mirador de San Nicolás”: it is a lookout from which you can enjoy stunning views to the Alhambra. There are usually flameno singers and guitarist. Authentic Andalusian experience.
- Have a walk through “Albaycín”, the muslim square.
- Visit the cathedral and the Capilla Real, where the Catholic Kings are buried.
- Visit the caves in El Sacromonte (not in the night). You will enjoy amazing views and will discover a different concept of house.
- Go to “San Miguel Alto”: it is another lookout, much less touristic, where you can enjoy views to the whole city. Seeing the sunset there is a magic experience. (This lookout is quite high so the walk there is quite hard. I recommend you to hang bus number N9 at Avenida de La Constitución, 4 for nine stops. Get off at Andarax – Cármenes De San Miguel and walk 250 meters)
- Walk across Calle Calderería Nueva and have a tea in some of the typical muslim teahouses (they are really good and cheap). You can also eat some of their typical sweets or smoke from a hookah.
- Enjoy the Spanish gastronomy. For every drink you order you will have a free tapa. Here you have some suggestions. They are some of the most famous bars among Granadan. Most of them are not very big so you may go early to take a table:
- Los Diamantes
- Bodegas Castañeda
- Bar Provincias (closed Saturday night, Sunday and Monday)
- Blanca Paloma
- La Tana
- Bar Ávila
- Go to have a drink at “Huerto del Loro” (in the Albaycín, better in the evening or night) or at “Juan Ranas” (next to Mirador de San Nicolás, with the Alhambra right in front of you; better in the afternoon or during the sunset)
Don’t forget to take your camera, as I am sure you will want to immortalize many of the things you will see. And of course, do not hesitate to contact Grandes Villas team to have more information. Carlos, Johannes and me will be pleased to help you.
I wish you a very good day in Granada!
Don’t forget to leave your comment telling us your experience in Granada! We’ll be happy to read you!